Benguet virus cases rising, gets ready should ECQ be enforced

LA TRINIDAD, Benguet — Benguet Governor Melchor Diclas said they are prepared should the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) recommend placing the province under Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) because spike in coronavirus disease infections.

Diclas said they have no problem with such if the province will be in ECQ to ensure the safety of the whole community against the virus. At present, Benguet is under General Community Quarantine (GCQ).

As of April 9, the province logged 13 new cases with five new Covid-related deaths. There are a total confirmed cases of 6,383 in the province where there are 874 active cases. The province also listed a total of 5,389 recoveries and 120 Covid-related deaths.

Neighboring Baguio City, meanwhile, listed 30 new infections and 9 Covid-related deaths. The city has now 8, 491 total cases with 1,170 active cases.

*****
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph

Check Also

PPCRV receives close to 80,000 poll returns

The Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV) has so far received a total of …