Photograph courtesy of tribunenow
When everyone in the household has their hands full with Zoom meetings, online classes or taking a break from their work-from-home setup — it’s up to that one available person to take charge of cooking lunch or dinner. But don’t worry if you you’re not too confident about making a meal for other people. There are a lot of easy, tasty recipes that can save the day.
Take this classic dish called Pork Estofado from the recipe book of Liberato Fernandez that we’ve also featured in one of our Kalanpag episodes.
1 garlic, minced
1 onion, minced
1 kg pork, cubed
1 tsp of salt
½ tsp of pepper
1 bay leaf, crushed
1 cup of pork stock
1 200 ml pack of tomato sauce
1 tbsp of brown sugar
1 cup of potatoes, cubed
1. Put oil, garlic, and onion in a pan. Saute for about three minutes.
2. Add the pork and cook for five minutes or till brown.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Add the bay leaf pork stock then bring mixture to a boil.
4. Add pack of tomato sauce . Mix ingredients together.
5. After mixing, add brown sugar and potatoes. Let it simmer for 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
Serve while hot.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph