The Department of Health (DOH) on Wednesday said that the policy against allowing face-to-face classes to resume will still remain provided that more areas are still reporting COVID-19 cases.
This came after Health Secretary Francisco Duque III yesterday said that this could be considered for areas with low to no cases of the coronavirus disease.
“Sa hanay ng mga probinsya and highly urbanized cities and independent component cities, halos wala nang lugar na zero cases [of COVID-19] for the last two to four weeks,” he told reporters.
Although he noted that this excludes Batanes, who for the recent weeks have tallied no additional individuals infected.
With this, he said that the existing directive on resuming face-to-face classes will still be continued unless otherwise President Rodrigo Duterte will make an order about it.
“Ang policy ngayon patuloy na no face to face classes…yan po ang position na direktiba ni Pangulong Duterte sa IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) at sa DepEd (Department of Education) pero depende yan kay pangulo kung papahintultan nya ito,” he said.
Duque assured that should it be revised, they will formulate joint guidelines with the DepEd to ensure safety.
Despite this, COVID-19 National Task Force chief implementer Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr. had earlier mentioned that they are considering allowing classes for medical schools and other universities stating that some courses really require in-person teaching.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) had already previously said that they are eyeing to conduct limited face-to-face classes for areas classified under the modified general community quarantine (MGCQ) by next year.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph