WASHINGTON, D.C.: President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. on Sunday said he will name more officials to key government posts as the one-year appointment ban on personalities who lost in the last national and local elections will soon lapse.
“Many competent individuals who lost in the last election expressed their willingness to help. So, we will certainly look into that in different positions,” Marcos said in a brief interview with the media delegation accompanying him to the US.
“More or less, for the beginning of the second year of my term, I think there will be… not a shuffle but we will add people to Cabinet, to strengthen the Cabinet,” he added.
He admitted already having a shortlist of names for various posts but declined to reveal their identities.
“They should hear it from me. We'll be the ones to talk first,” he said.
Based on Article IX-B, Section 6 of the 1987 Constitution, no candidate who lost in any election, within one year after the polls, shall “be appointed to any office in the government or any government-owned or controlled corporations or in any of their subsidiaries.”
The last national and local elections were held on May 9 last year.
Credit belongs to : www.manilatimes.net