Minors banned outdoors for two weeks — MMDA

Minors will not be allowed outdoors for two weeks, starting Wednesday, 17 March, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) said Tuesday.

Only individuals aged 18-65 years old are allowed to go outside their residences due to the alarming rising number of COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila.

The Metro Manila Council, through the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority, is drafting a resolution prohibiting minors, particularly those aged 17 and below to go outdoors for a period of two weeks.

This will be implemented in all the 17 local governments in the National Capital Region.

MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos said the move has been agreed upon by the Metro Manila mayors in a bid to contain the transmission of the virus in the metropolis.

“We are implementing age restrictions because of the increase in our COVID-19 cases. We encourage everyone to strictly observe and practice the minimum health protocols, and be extra careful and follow stringent measures particularly when around vulnerable family members, as there have been reports of transmission among family members. As I’ve said before, the metro mayors and MMDA are regularly monitoring the COVID-19 numbers and we will implement calibration and changes on our directives depending on the figures that we have,” he said.

Last month, Abalos said NCR mayors agreed to ease age restrictions as the government sought to encourage economic activities.

Last Monday the uniformed curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. has started to prevent people from going out of their respective residences.

*****
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph

Check Also

This WhatsApp feature lets users quickly access important messages

The popular instant messaging app WhatsApp offers a feature that allows users to save important …

error: Content is protected !!