NCR on full alert vs. terrorist acts

The National Capital Region Police Office has gone on heightened security alert following two recent bombing incidents in Mindanao.

ALWAYS READY. Members of the Manila Police District’s Special Weapons and Tactics patrol populated areas such as Divisoria Market on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, amid heightened security in the National Capital Region following recent bombings in Mindanao. Norman Cruz

Metro Manila, said NCRPO regional director Maj. Gen. Felipe Natividad, remains on full alert after last week’s explosions in South Cotabato and Sultan Kudarat.

“We will be utilizing all of our resources in NCRPO to the maximum and heightened efforts to ensure safety and security of each and every resident of Metro Manila,” Natividad said.

Earlier, the Department of Transportation’s Office for Transportation Security (OTS) called on public transport operators and others in the transportation sector to ensure the strict implementation of approved security plans following the explosions.

“Bus operators, rail system operators, bus terminal operators, and tollway operators are strongly advised to remain vigilant,” the OTS said in its advisory.

Natividad, however, called on the public not to panic.

“I also encourage everyone to be highly alert and report any suspicious person or behavior, report any unfamiliar face in the neighborhood to the barangay or nearest police station,” he said.

“All acts of terrorism against people of any religion, race, or creed, are crimes against humanity, and are always a threat to any nation’s security,” he added.

NCRPO said people may report incidents or tips through its text hotline numbers 0999-901-8181 and 0915-888-8181.

Please enable JavaScript to view the comments powered by Disqus.

*****
Credit belongs to : www.manilastandard.net

Check Also

Government eyes high-rise BLISS bldg. to address PH housing backlog

The government would prefer building high-rise housing units instead of replicating the BLISS mid-rise housing …