Once again, PVL pulls plug on opener

Once again, PVL pulls plug on opener

MANILA, Philippines — The Premier Volleyball League (PVL) is moving its debut as a professional league from May to a later date due to the extended enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in the NCR (National Capital Region) Plus.

“It’s beginning to look like we’re not going to meet our opening target date in May. The IATF (Inter-Agency Task Force) will not allow us to have games with the current pandemic situation,” said PVL president Ricky Palou.

There was no mention as to when the PVL will reschedule its inaugurals although there were reports it could be moved to June assuming the pandemic situation has improved by then.

“We’ll meet via zoom with the teams this week or next week at the latest to discuss this matter,” said Palou.

So far, practice sessions have been suspended due to the ECQ being extended until Sunday.

The league was initially scheduled to launch its new season this month. But the plan was moved to May 8 and eventually pushed back by a couple of weeks to give the teams more time to prepare.

Now, they will have to wait a little longer.

A total of 12 teams headed by early title favorites Creamline and F2 Logistics will see action in the much-delayed conference.

Also seeing action are Perlas Spikers, Petro Gazz, PLDT Fibr, Cignal, Bali Pure, Unlimited Athletes Club, Sta. Lucia Realty, Choco Mucho, Chery Tiggo and guest team Army.

*****
Credit belongs to : www.philstar.com

Check Also

Errors doom Frank’s bid for Winter Olympics slot

Sports Errors doom Frank’s bid for Winter Olympics slot MANILA, Philippines — Filipino figure skater …

error: Content is protected !!