Ontario won’t reopen schools for in-person learning this spring

Toronto

Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Education Minister Stephen Lecce are expected to make an announcement about whether schools will be reopening to in-person learning for the remainder of the school year this afternoon.

Ontario Premier Doug Ford is scheduled to address the media with Education Minister Stephen Lecce and Health Minister Christine Elliott at Queen's Park at 1 p.m. (Frank Gunn/The Canadian Press)


Ontario Premier Doug Ford and Education Minister Stephen Lecce are likely to make an announcement about whether schools will be reopening to in-person learning for the remainder of the academic year on Wednesday afternoon.

On Monday, Ford said his government was reviewing responses to a letter sent last Thursday that solicited advice from a range of expert groups, including public health officials and teachers unions.

On Wednesday, two sources told CBC/Radio-Canada that Ford is opposed to reopening schools before September, as first reported by the Toronto Star earlier this week.

Ford will meet with his cabinet Wednesday morning and is scheduled to address the media with Lecce and Health Minister Christine Elliott at Queen's Park at 1 p.m.

Most students in Ontario have been learning remotely since April 19 due to soaring rates of COVID-19 amid the third wave of the pandemic.

*****
Credit belongs to : www.cbc.ca

Check Also

9.9M COVID-19 jabs administered during extended vaccination push

Headlines 9.9M COVID-19 jabs administered during extended vaccination push MANILA, Philippines — Almost 10 million …

error: Content is protected !!