PHOTOGRAPH BY WRENN SANCHEZ FOR THE DAILY TRIBUNE
Filipinos are great pasta lovers, and it’s obvious especially when you see how every celebration always has this noodle dish as one of the highlights of the home’s festive table.
For this holiday season, how about making your usual store-bought tomato sauce and grated cheese fare more special with this easy recipe for pasta puttanesca with homemade ham and pasta.
You’ll need to explore online recipes for making ham and pasta at home. And, of course, you’ll need to find time as well. A little bit more of work is needed, but let me tell you, the sweet-salty flavor and tenderness of ham that you made and the texture of fresh pasta will really delight the loved ones you’ll be cooking for this Christmas!
Easy Pasta PuTtanesca with Homemade Ham
• 370 grams Fresh spaghetti
• 1/4 cup Olive oil
• 1 can Anchovy paste
• 2 tsp. Minced garlic
• 1 cup Tomato sauce
• 4 pinch Salt
• 1 pinch Pepper
• 1/2 cup Olives, halved
• 3 tbsp. Capers
• 1/4 tsp. Red pepper flakes
• 1 cup Ham, cubed
• 2 Tomatoes, cubed and seeded
• 1/2 cup Sliced mushroom
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Chopped parsley for garnishing, optional.
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for two minutes and drain.
2. Heat the olive oil in a sautee pan over medium high heat.
3. Add the anchovy paste, minced garlic and chili pepper flakes. Cook for one minute.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
5. Stir in the olives, mushroom, capers and cubed ham.
6. Toss the pasta with the tomato sauce.
7. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph