MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Health on Sunday reported 7,228 new coronavirus cases, pushing the country's total count to 1,269,478.
Today's development saw active cases up by 3,574 from June 5's 55,790. DOH said three laboratories did not turn in screening results.
- Active cases: 59,337 or 4.7% of the total
- Recoveries: 7,372, bringing the number to 1,188,243
- Deaths: 166, or now 21,898 in total
What's new today?
- One million more Sinovac doses reached the Philippines this morning. It was part of government's direct purchase from the Chinese vaccine manufacturer.
- Vaccine czar Carlito Galvez Jr. said nearly 10 million doses of COVID-19 jabs will be delivered to the country this June, as inoculation efforts reach its fourth month.
- Authorities reported over 100 COVID-19 deaths for almost the entire week, except on June 1. The fatality count crossed the 21,000th mark also last week.
Credit belongs to : www.philstar.com