PHOTOGRAPH COURTESY OF TRIBUNENOW
Things can really get busy at home especially when some family members now report to their workplaces on certain days of the week and while the kids continue to go about their regular online classes. A practical and delicious solution is to create an all-in-one dish that’s both healthy and hearty.
Today’s one-pan dish is called Moresqueta Tostada, a classic Chinese dish. We’re using the recipe of respected cookbook author Liderato P. Fernandez. Basically, it’s a rice dish made especially filling with vegetables and meats. It’s also a very flexible meal idea as you can serve it for breakfast or as baon. Ingredients can also be mix-matched. For instance, you can substitute the shrimps-and-ham combo for chicken and bacon, or fish and lettuce.
Cook this and enjoy with your family and friends!
2 to 3 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp butter
1 head garlic, peeled and minced
1 medium-sized onion, minced
½ cups mushroom, sliced lengthwise
1 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup lettuce
4 cups cooked white rice
1 Tbsp Japanese soy sauce
½ tsp salt
pepper to taste
1. In a wok, heat oil and butter. Add garlic and onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for another two minutes.
3. Add the shrimps and lettuce.
Stir-fry till seafood meat is cooked.
4. Add the eggs into the mixture and mix till eggs are cooked.
5. Add the rice, pour the soy sauce and continue mixing till ingredients are incorporated and rice is cooked. Season with salt and pepper, according to taste.
6. Serve while hot.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph