The innovation behind new skincare products excites women, especially those on the lookout for something that would further enhance their beauty routine.
BYS Philippines recently launched Skin by BYS. It is a local initiative and the brainchild of the iFace team, led by iFace Inc. general manager Angelina Goyena.
“We’re used to bringing global brands into our shores and growing them exponentially. But today, we, the Philippine team, are leading a global makeup brand into its first skincare line,” Goyena said. “From the packaging, formulation — done with the help of BYS global teams in Australia and South Korea — the brand identity and message of loving yourself harder, every aspect of BYS has been thoughtfully and wholeheartedly initiated and crafted right here.”
Skin by BYS products include the Extra Gentle Micellar Water, Extra Gentle Milk Jelly Cleanser, Extra Hydrating Balancing Toner, Extra Glow Brightening Serum, Extra Firming Youth Serum, Extra Glow Face Cream, Extra Brightening Eye Cream, Extra Effortless Pore Perfecting Sunblock, Extra Glow Sheet Mask and Extra Firming Sheet Mask.
They are cruelty-free, vegan, hypoallergenic and claim to cleanse, treat, moisturize and protect the skin.
I was able to try most of the products for two weeks both day and night in this particular order: cleanser, micellar water, toner, eye cream, serum, face cream and sunblock.
The Extra Gentle Milk Jelly Cleanser is somewhat similar to the consistency of a beloved cleanser that has a blue cap. I sometimes add a step and use the Extra Gentle Micellar Water and the cleanser (or vice versa) especially if I have makeup on.
Photographs courtesy of BYS
• The cleanser is very efficient on normal to oily skin during the summer and takes away the oil and dirt on my skin.
• The micellar water can tackle even waterproof makeup products like mascara and eyeliner.
Cons: There is fragrance on the product which may not react well on people with sensitive skin.
I bring back some of the moisture that’s been stripped away during the cleansing process with the Extra Hydrating Balancing Toner, Extra Brightening Eye Cream, Extra Firming Youth Serum, Extra Glow Face Cream in that particular order.
• The toner has a gel-like consistency and is easily absorbed by the skin, essentially bringing back moisture.
• The eye cream does the job well and I have noticed a significant brightening and hydrating on my under eyes, which speaks volumes because of how dark and dry they normally are.
• Serums in the market often have a liquid consistency but this one is moisturizer-like. After two weeks of using it day and night, it gave my skin a natural glow and a tight and plump feeling.
• The face cream sets everything in place and definitely contributed to the natural glow of my skin. It is also fast absorbing which is essential when wearing a mask.
• The container of the serum (bottle with a dropper) doesn’t suit the product’s consistency. It does not come up immediately in the dropper which makes it more prone to dust entering the bottle or stick on the dropper.
• There is fragrance/parfum on the product which may not react well on people with sensitive skin.
The last step is protection using the Extra Effortless Pore Perfecting Sunblock. It has broad-spectrum SPF 50 PA+++ and claims to have pore-blurring and sebum-controlling properties.
• It does not have a white cast which most sunblocks have, even if makeup is applied over it.
• It also serves as a primer for makeup due to its barely-there tackiness.
• Broad-spectrum SPF 50 PA+++ is essential especially in the harsh sun.
• I do not agree with its weightless claims during this summer season. Sunblocks are supposed to be applied generously (a line on the index finger) but I am only able to apply a pea-size amount to prevent the heavy feeling on my skin. I see myself using this again during the colder months when my skin is dry.
• There is fragrance on the product which may not react well on people with sensitive skin.
Shop Skin by BYS products at Watsons, The SM Store and online on Watsons and ShopSM.
Credit belongs to : www.tribune.net.ph