THE Commission on Elections (Comelec) said on Friday that it will proceed with the filing of election offenses and disqualification cases against candidates in the Oct. 30, 2023 barangay (village) and Sangguniang Kabataan (youth) elections (BSKE) who failed to explain their premature campaigning activities.
So far, a total of 626 BSKE candidates have been issued show cause orders by the poll body.
Comelec Chairman George Garcia said if the concerned BSKE candidate fails to submit a response within three days from receipt of the show cause order, he or she is set to face due process.
As of Friday, September 15, Garcia said the poll body has yet to receive a response from concerned BSKE bets.
The campaign period for the BSKE will officially commence on October 19.
Credit belongs to : www.manilatimes.net