Random Image Display on Page Reload

Paolo, Yorme sign long-term contract with TAPE, Inc.

TAPE, Inc. dismisses persistent rumors circulating on social media that its relaunched noontime show “Eat Bulaga” will go off the air by July 29.

The Jalosjos-owned production company countered that despite the controversy-ridden change of hosts, “Bagong Eat Bulaga,” as some like to call the show, has gone ahead to celebrate its month-long 44th anniversary, which culminates on the “Big Day” on July 29.

(From left) TAPE’s legal counsel Maggie Garduque, Paolo Contis, TAPE Inc. President and CEO John Jalosjos, Isko ‘Yorme’ Moreno, GMA Sparkle Vice President Joy Marcelo and Chief Finance Officer Mayor Bullet Jalosjos

TAPE's legal counsel, lawyer Maggie Garduque, elaborated, “On the issue that 'Eat Bulaga' will end on July 29, that is not true. If anything ends on that date, it's the 43rd year of 'Eat Bulaga' because that's when the show will celebrate its 44th anniversary. 'EB' has plenty of surprises that viewers shouldn't miss that day.”

The lawyer added, “TAPE's contract with GMA is until 2024, so 'EB' is committed to providing fun, entertainment, and help to all our Kapuso viewers until its 45th year and beyond.”

Meanwhile, Garduque addressed the birth pains the longest-running program on TV has experienced: “We acknowledge that on July 1, 'Eat Bulaga' had lower ratings due to the audience's anticipation of the launch of other new shows. However, since then, its ratings have been steadily improving.”

She also noted how 'EB's' new hosts continue to face criticism on social media, along with fake news stories like the supposed cancellation popping up. And yet, the lawyer emphasized that TAPE's big bosses are satisfied with their performance and are encouraged by an upturn in ratings and influx of commercials.

In fact, TAPE just signed a long-term contract with 'EB's' two main hosts, Paolo Contis and Isko “Yorme” Moreno, last July 8. In an interview that followed, Contis expressed, “I'm very thankful for TAPE's trust in me and Yorme. Both of us are committed to providing help and entertainment to our viewers for a long time, so we consider this an important day. As we always say, 'Eat Bulaga' will remain as long as its audience is there. They are the essence of 'Eat Bulaga,' not the hosts.”

Similarly, Moreno said, “Paolo and I share the same goal for the new 'Eat Bulaga'—to bring help and entertainment. This time, our viewers are our top priority.”

EB President and CEO Romy Jalosjos, who presided over the contract signing, expressed his confidence in the two and said he is looking forward to more developments. With him were TAPE, Inc. President and CEO John Jalosjos, Chief Finance Officer Mayor Bullet Jalosjos, and GMA Sparkle Vice President Joy Marcelo.

To round up, Garduque said, “The new EB show is fun, and the ratings speak for themselves. This is a testament that people enjoy the show. Thus, it is fitting to execute long-term contracts with the hosts, starting with Yorme and Paolo. The other hosts will also sign long-term contracts in the next weeks.”

*****
Credit belongs to : www.manilatimes.net

Check Also

A beloved fantasy franchise is revived with Netflix’s live-action ‘Avatar: The Last Airbender’

This image released by Netflix shows Danny Pudi in a scene from the series “Avatar: …